New Recipe #2: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Time for a NEW RECIPE!
Can you tell I'm excited?! July's challenge is a new recipe each week and to really mix things up I am doing a different type of food each week. This week = Thai, my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. Ian knows the quickest way to make me happy when I'm sad or have bad period cramps is to bring me Thai food... I'm obsessed.
This Thai Chicken Noodle Soup combines my favorite comfort food with Thai spices making something absolutely incredible!
What You'll Need:
12 oz Chicken
4 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Yellow Onion
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Sambal Oelek or Thai Chili Paste (to taste, I use 1 Tbsp)
3-5 Red and Green Thai Chili Peppers
1/2 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
Cilantro (for garnish)
Lemongrass (as desired)
1. Add the chicken and water to a crockpot on low-heat for 3-4 hours. Use 1 cup of water for each 12 oz. of chicken.
2. After 3-4 hours, shred the chicken with two forks and place back into the crockpot with the chicken stock and coconut milk.
3. Chop and wash the red bell pepper and onion. Add the red bell pepper to the crockpot and the onion to a blender with the Garlic, Coconut Oil, Sambal Oelek, 2-3 Thai Chili Peppers, Red Pepper Flakes and Coconut Oil.
4. Blend until it forms a paste like sauce then add it to the crockpot and mix in together with the chicken and red bell peppers.
5. Squeeze in 2 limes and add salt to taste. You can also add lemongrass to the crockpot as desired. Then let it all cook together, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 hours.
6. 30 minutes prior to the end of the soup cook time, boil water on medium heat and cook the rice noodles for 7-10 minutes. Once cooked, add to the soup and mix together.
7. Serve with cilantro garnish and additional lime juice to taste.