New Meal #4: Grilled Chicken Skewers
This one was made on time, just posting late because I actually had a cooking buddy this time! Went for a hike with one of my friends and we were debating what to eat when I came across this on Pinterest. It turned out pretty great! The trick to marinating chicken (something I learned from my mom's ex) is to dry it off before so it has room to soak in whatever you're using. The chicken turned out brilliantly this way -- both Logan and I agreed!
Here you have it:
1 tablespoon whole pepper corns
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup soy sause
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon sriracha
1.5 lbs chicken breast
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 large red bell peppers
2 medium red onions
2 limes (optional)
Option: Prepare with Basmati rice for serving.
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 1 hour
2. Mix the spices and seeds in a bowl with the soy sause, lime juice and sriracha.
3. Add in chicken, toss well.
4. Begin threading chicken, peppers and onions onto the skewers. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each one.
5. Grill on each side for 5-7 minutes.
6. Grill lime wedges to desired level of char marks.
7. Serve with rice and lime wedges on the side.