Homemade Bath Bombs
Who doesn't love a good bath bomb?! Sadly, they can get rather expensive...
Recently I tried my had at homemade bath bombs and I am very pleased with the result. Will I swear of store bought bath bombs? No. I they definitely have their perks. But for the more simple, everyday baths, a homemade bath bomb will certainly suffice. Now for how to make them...
What you'll need:
1 cup Baking Soda
1/2 cup Citric Acid
1/2 cup Epsom Salt
1/2 cup Cornstarch
3/4 tsp. Water
2 tsp Essential Oil
2 tsp Coconut or Baby Oil
A Mold (i.e. Cupcake Tins)
1. Combine the baking soda, epsom salt and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour all of the liquid ingredients in a container with a sealable top. Close and shake it well.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and use your hands to combine. Once combined, add the citric acid.
4. Mash the mixture into your mold very tightly. Too loose and it will fall apart. Once packed tightly, quickly remove from the mold and put onto wax paper to let them dry overnight.
5. Leave them in a dry area for a couple of days to allow for them to dry out. Make sure to keep them away from the paws of any pets or hands of any children.
6. Enjoy your homemade bath bomb!