Cooking: Breakfast Burritos
We are OBSESSED with these super simple + tasty breakfast burritos...
I love the convenience of burritos for breakfast. These can be frozen or kept in the fridge for a few days to make mornings a little easier. I like to make them during Ramadan for Ian so that he doesn't spend too much time prepping his breakfasts since he has to eat before sunrise.
What You'll Need:
Chorizo (we use Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo)
1 Yellow or Sweet Onion
4-6 Large Flour Tortillas
Cheese (we use Trader Joe's Almond Cheese)
Hot Sauce and/or Spices of your choice
1. Wash and chop the onion then sauté it in olive oil. Once done, set aside.
2. Combine 6 eggs in a mixing bowl with salt and pepper.
3. Start soy chorizo in the same skillet used to sauté the onion. After 2-3 minutes add the egg and cook until the eggs are your desired level of cooked through. Set aside the egg and soy chorizo combo.
4. Warm tortillas in the oven or on the skillet.
5. Combine the tortillas with egg and soy chorizo combo then top with onions and cheese and roll.
6. BONUS: If you have an air fryer, stick the rolled burritos in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes so make them crispy on the outside.