Cooking: InstaPot Pineapple Chicken
I am not NEARLY as familiar with my InstaPot as I should be, so I'm making it a priority to try new InstaPot recipes from time to time to help me get better acquainted. Full disclosure, I cooked this recipe in my Ninja Foodi, which DOES have an instant pot function.
This Pineapple Chicken is very hearty and reminiscent of a yummy Hawaiian chicken bowl. We really did enjoy it and would likely make it again!
What You'll Need:
An InstaPot or Ninja Foodi
Chicken - 12-16 oz
2 1/2 Cups Pineapple, Chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper
1 Cup Dry White Rice
BBQ Sauce to Taste (approx. 3/4 to 1 cup)
1. Wash and chop onion, pineapple and bell peppers. Chop in bite sized pieces as desired. Set aside.
2. Wash and cut chicken into 1" cubes. Set the instant pot to saute and add in the chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Add in onion, saute for another 2-4 minutes until onion is softened.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the pineapple and BBQ sauce. Stir in with the chicken, then add bell pepper and stir until combined.
5. Place the trivet over the chicken and add the rice in 1 cup of water in a dish (metal or glass).
6. Close the lid and set the valve to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. Once the cooker indicates the end of the cooking time, do a 10 minute release cycle.
7. Open the lid and remove the rice. Fluff with a fork. Serve combined and enjoy!
Bonus Tip: Soak the rice in water for 20-30 minutes before cooking!