New Recipe #3: Stuffed Bell Peppers
Time for a NEW RECIPE!
Can you tell I'm excited?! July's challenge is a new recipe each week and to really mix things up I am doing a different type of food each week. This week = American, and more specifically, that buffalo American style we all LOVE. We are obsessed with this super simple and tasty stuffed bell peppers recipe.
What You'll Need:
12 oz. Chicken
3 Bell Peppers; Red, Yellow/Orange, Green
Cheese (we used Almond Cheese)
Frank's Red Hot
Chives or Green Onions
1. Start by prepping the shredded chicken. Add your chicken along with 1-2 cups of water or chicken stock into a crockpot and set to low. Let it cook for 3.5-4 hours then shred with 2 forks and add back into the crockpot. Pour Frank's Red Hot or similar buffalo sauce over chicken, stir and close crockpot.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 and prep a baking sheet.
3. Wash and chop the bell peppers length-wise. Remove the cores and set out on the baking sheet. Add shredded chicken and once pre-heated, put the bell peppers into the oven for 10-12 minutes.
4. After 10-12 minutes add cheese to the tops and put them back in for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Once melted, serve with chives or green onions for garnish and top with ranch if desired. Enjoy!